SCORE: Wheaton 82 - College of Staten Island 62
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-4) - College of Staten Island (4-7)
LOCATION: Staten Island, NY (Sports & Recreation Center)
- In the College of Staten Island's 18th Annual Tournament of Heros championship game, the Wheaton Lyons took down the College of Staten Island 82-62.
- After falling behind 6-0 after two made three pointers from the Dolphins Senior Alex DuBrow got the Lyons on the scoredboard after a made three.
- First-Year Aaron Williams then scored 5 straight for Wheaton to give them their first lead at 9-8 five minutes into the game.
- Senior Robby Lowey then went on a tear scoring 14 of the next 16 points for the Lyons giving them a 25-18 lead midway through the first half.
- After the Dolphins battled back cutting the Lyons lead to five, the Lyons went on a 10-0 run to close out the first half leading 40-25.
- A strong start to the second half from Williams and fellow First-Year Evan Cook helped the Lyons keep their double-digit lead.
- Wheaton was crowned champions of the 18th Annual Tournament of Heros after an 82-62 victory over the College of Staten Island.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Lowey paced the Lyons finishing with 21 points and adding 9 rebounds.
- Wheaton dominated the boards resulting in a 53-30 advantage.
- Cook finished the game with 17 points while getting to the charity strike ten times.
- Williams helped out by grabbing 9 rebounds and scoring 19 points.
- Ricardo Ripley scored 7 points off the bench for the Lyons.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Sunday, Jan. 5 at 2:00 p.m. against Westfield St. when Emerson Gymnaisum showcases it's newly renovated gym floor.