SCORE: Wheaton 80 - Westfield St. 90
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-5) - Westfield St. (8-5)
LOCATION: Norton, MA (Emerson Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton Lyons fell to Westfield St. 90-80.
- After the Owls scored the first six points of the game, Wheaton cut the lead to one making the score 6-5.
- Westfield St. then went on a 13-4 run to take a ten-point lead with 13:21 remaining in the first half.
- Senior Robby Lowey then scored six straight points to cut the owls lead to four, 21-17 midway through the first half.
- After some back and forth action the Owls took a 41-34 lead going into halftime.
- Westfield St. took a ten-point lead with 14:17 remaining after a Justin Rennis three.
- An Aaron Williams made three brought the Lyons within five making the score 54-49 with 10:50 remaining.
- Wheaton battled back but strong three-point shooting from Malik Pouncy kept the Lyons out of reach.
- Westfield St. had solid free throw shooting down the stretch giving them the 90-80 advantage.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Lowey had a career-high 27 points and recorded a double-double with 14 rebounds.
- Jauch Green Jr scored 25 points and has joined the 1,500 points club for Westfield St.
- Wheaton shot 45.8% from the floor while the Owls shot 47.1%
UP NEXT: The Lyons head to Clark University for their NEWMAC Opener on Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7:00 p.m.