SCORE: Wheaton 60 - Springfield 73
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-7, 0-2 NEWMAC) - Springfield (11-2, 2-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Springfield, MA (Blake Arena)
- Wheaton fell short on the road to No. 25 Springfield, 60-73.
- Springfield's Heath Post scored the first 6 points of the game before Aaron Williams put the Lyons on the board making it 6-2 five minutes in.
- After an 8-0 run by The Pride, Wheaton had back to back buckets from First-Years Noah Sochaczevski and Evan Cook cutting the lead to ten midway through the first half.
- Robby Lowey and Alex Carlisle combined for 10 points to close out the first half with Springfield leading 34-22 at halftime.
- After a Jake Ross made three, the Pride took a 52-30 lead with 13:43 remaining in the game.
- The Lyons showed a lot of heart as they continued to battle and after a pair of made free throws by Carlisle it was a nine point game with 3:38 remaining.
- Wheaton's effort was not quite enough as their first-year class scored their final 28 points but fell short to Springfield, 60-73
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Carlisle finished with a team-high 19 points while adding 6 assists.
- The Pride's Post finished with a game-high 22 points.
- Wheaton had 40 points in the paint while the Pride had just 20.
- Williams finished with a near double double scoring 9 points and grabbing 9 rebounds.
- Sochaczevski was a spark off the bench with 19 points and 4 rebounds.
UP NEXT: The Lyons head back to Emerson Gymnasium for their Home NEWMAC opener on Wednesday, Jan. 15 against WPI at 7:00 p.m.