SCORE: Wheaton 66 - WPI 94
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-8, 0-3 NEWMAC) - WPI (11-3, 2-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, MA (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Wheaton fell to WPI 66-94 as Senior Alex DuBrow had a team-high 18 points.
- First-Year Alex Carlisle scored Wheaton's first bucket of the game making it 2-2 just under a minute into the game.
- The Lyons then took a 7-4 lead after a made three from Aaron Williams with 17:28 remaining in the first half.
- Carlisle's made field goal ended a 13-0 run by the Engineers, making it 17-9 in favor of WPI with 12:31 remaining in half.
- Seven straight points from DuBrow helped keep the game within reach.
- WPI took a 50-30 leading going into halftime as Jake Needleman hit a three with four seconds remaining.
- Wheaton had an 11-9 scoring advantage to start the second half capped by a Robby Lowey lay-up.
- The Lyons continued to battle but struggled to keep the game within reach as WPI went on to win 66-94.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Dubrow finished with a team-high 18 points going 4-of-7 from behind the arc.
- Wheaton got to the foul line 20 times compared to the Engineers only getting there 6 times.
- Williams finished with 12 points and 6 rebounds.
- Wheaton had 22 points in the paint compared to the 24 points by WPI.
- WPI was led by John Lowther who finished with a game-high 20 points.
- Lowey added 9 points and 5 rebounds for the Lyons.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action this Saturday, Jan 18 for a 1:00 p.m. tip-off as they host MIT.