SCORE: Wheaton 83 - Emerson 97
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-11, 0-6 NEWMAC) - Emerson (11-6, 4-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Boston, MA (Bobbi Brown and Steven Plofker Gym)
- Senior Robby Lowey and the Lyons effort was not enough as they fell to Emerson in an away NEWMAC contest, 97-83
- After a missed shot from Emerson, Lowey hit a three-pointer assisted by Ricardo Ripley to give Wheaton the early 3-0 lead.
- After Emerson tied it up at 3-3, First-Year Alex Carlisle gave the Lyons back the lead after a made lay-up.
- Two made free throws from Senior Alex DuBrow gave the Lyons the lead again making it 11-9 with 14:12 remaining in the first half.
- After trailing for a few minutes the Lyons knotted up the score after a Lowey bucket with 8:18 remaining making it 22-22.
- After a pair of made free throws, Emerson extended their lead to 11 with 3:33 remaining in the half.
- Wheaton closed the half on a 7-3 run making it 42-35 in favor of Emerson headed into halftime.
- The Lyons continued to battle after buckets from Lowey, Carlisle, and DuBrow made in 50-43 in favor of Emerson with 15:43 remaining in the game.
- Emerson went on a 9-1 run extending their lead to 16 midway through the second half.
- Wheaton continued to battle but strong shooting from Emerson in the second half made it difficult to come back as Emerson came out on top with a 97-83 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Lowey finished with a team-high 22 points while adding 4 rebounds.
- Williams led the Lyons off the bench with 8 points and 8 rebounds.
- Jack O'Connor had a game-high of 24 points for Emerson.
- Both teams shot the ball well from the floor as Emerson edged Wheaton 53.4% to 47.9% in field goal percentage.
- Wheaton had a slight advantage on the glass, outrebounding Emerson 32-to-31.
- Carlisle finished with 15 points for the Lyons.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return home for a NEWMAC contest on Wednesday, Jan 29 for an 8:00 p.m. tip-off as they host Coast Guard.