SCORE: Wheaton 57 - Babson 82
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-16, 1-11 NEWMAC) - Babson (19-4, 9-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, MA (Staake Gymnasium)
- Double-digit scoring from Alex DuBrow and Alex Carlisle was not enough for the Lyons as they fell to #19 Babson 82-57.
- The Beavers got on the board first behind a jumper from Andrew Jaworski.
- Carlisle scored the Lyons first four points as they trailed 7-4 two minutes into the contest.
- After a bucket from first-year Noah Sochaczevski, Carlisle tied the game up 9-9 after a made three-pointer with 16:28 remaining in the first half.
- Babson then hit three consecutive threes to take a 18-9 lead, Babsons's run was ended by an Evan Cook made three.
- Ricardo Ripley cut the Beaver's lead back to six with a made layup making the scored 23-17 with 9:20 remaining in the half.
- DuBrow hit a three with 3:05 remaining in the half to cut Babson's lead to single digits 35-26.
- Wheaton trailed 43-28 going into halftime.
- A 9-0 run by Babson was ended by first-year Aaron Williams making a pair of free throws.
- Five consecutive points from Carlisle made it 57-38 with 13:05 remaining in the game.
- DuBrow scored 6 consecutive points for the Lyons late in the second half.
- Babson won the NEWMAC contest 82-57 behind strong play from Jaworski.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- DuBrow and Carlisle both finished with a team-high 14 points.
- Jaworski finished with a game-high 22 points while adding 8 rebounds.
- Wheaton shot a very respectable 87-5% from the freethrow line.
- Lowey finished with a near double-double including 10 rebounds and 9 points.
- Williams led the Lyons off the bench with 7 points and 5 rebounds.
UP NEXT: The Lyons stay on the road as they head to New London, Connecticut for a match up with Coast Guard on Wednesday, February 19th at 7:00 p.m.