SCORE: Wheaton 78 - Coast Guard 101
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-17, 1-12 NEWMAC) - Coast Guard (10-13, 5-8 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: New London, CT (Roland Hall)
- Wheaton had four players in double-digits despite Coast Guard earning the 101-78 victory.
- Ricardo Ripley tied the game at 2-2 on the Lyons first possession of the game.
- The Bears then went on a 9-0 run that was ended by a made three from Alex Carlisle making it 11-5 in favor of Coast Guard with 15:29 remaining in the first half.
- Down seven points, Senior Alex DuBrow finished off a three-point play from the foul line bringing the Lyons to just a four-point deficit.
- Aaron Williams then nailed a three-pointer to make it 20-19 in favor of the Bears with 11:20 remaining in the first half.
- First-year Ben Silvia scored four consecutive points, keeping the Lyons within striking distance 37-29 with 7:25 remaining before halftime.
- Carlisle brought the Lyons back to within single digits 47-39 with 1:46 remaining in the half.
- Justin Kane got to the rim for a layup as time was expiring to give the Bears a 53-39 lead at halftime.
- Carlisle ended a 6-0 Bears run with a made layup making it 59-41 just over a minute into the 2nd half.
- Senior Robby Lowey made a layup to cut the Bears lead to thirteen with 15:15 remaining.
- The Bears then went on a 17-0 run that was ended by a Ripley bucket with 9:53 remaining in the game.
- The Lyons fell to Coast Guard on the road 101-78.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Williams led the Lyons with 16 pints on 5-of-9 shooting from the floor while adding 8 rebounds.
- DuBrow finished with 15 points going 5-of-6 from the free-throw line.
- Packy Witkowski led the Bears with a game-high 26 points.
- Wheaton shot 86.7% from the free-throw line.
- Evan Cook scored 14 points off the bench for the Lyons.
- Lowey led the Lyons on the glass grabbing 10 rebounds while scoring 4 points.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return home for Senior Day as they host Clark for a 1:00 p.m. tip-off on Saturday, February 22nd.