SCORE: Wheaton 9 - Plattsburgh State 8
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Plattsburgh State (1-3)
LOCATION: S. Huntington, N.Y. (Cy Donnelly Field)
- Junior Matt Morgan led the Lyons in scoring with three goals while Josh Talanian and Scott Whear each recorded two apiece. Junior Alex Stomberg also got on the scoresheet with a goal.
- Plattsburgh State was led by Ryan Hubbard and Billy Moller. Hubbard led all in scoring with 4 goals while Moller netted three goals and dished off one assist.
- Wheaton opened the game with a goal at 12:33 from Talanian. Plattsburgh responded shortly after and would go on a 5-0 scoring streak, ending the quarter ahead 5-1.
- The Lyons took control in the second quarter, scoring five unanswered goals to propel them to a 6-5 lead.
- After regrouping from the half, both sides battled defensively, allowing only one goal apiece.
- Stomberg and Morgan were able to score for the Lyons early in the final quarter to seal the game up. Plattsburgh fought back as they scored two goals in the last 1:08, but despite their efforts, it wouldn't be enough.
- Shots: Wheaton 26 /Plattsburgh State 40
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 35 / Plattsburgh State 23
- Clears: Wheaton 13-16 / Plattsburgh State 13-18
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 11-21 / Plattsburgh State 10-21
- Saves: Wheaton 13 / Plattsburgh State 7
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road Wednesday, March 14 at 4 p.m. where they will take on the Pilgrims of New England College.