SCORE: Wheaton 16 - New England College 7
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) - New England College (0-4)
LOCATION: Henniker, N.H. (Don Melander Field )
- Senior Scott Whear led all players with five goals and one assist while Josh Talanian followed up with three. Griffin Phaneuf and Alex Stomberg each recorded two goals.
- Jack Hounchell and Mike Abramo eached tallied one in the win.
- New England College was led by Jacob Blanchette who scored three goals on the night. Charles Hacking picked up two while Zach Cotoni and Brendan Gruning each netted one.
- Wheaton scored five goals in an 18-minute period to take the lead 5-1 with 7:38 left in the half. The Pilgrims were able to score a little over a minute later, but the Lyons responded and were able to drop three more goals within the half, pushing the lead to 8-2.
- In the third quarter, Wheaton was able to outscore their opponent 6-1. The Pilgrims were able to net four in the final quarter, but it wouldn't be enough to push past the Lyons.
- Chander Miller had 12 saves in the victory.
- Shots: Wheaton 45 / New England College 33
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 43 / New England College 19
- Clears: Wheaton 10-14 / New England College 19-25
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 22-27 / New England College 5-27
- Saves: Wheaton 14 / New England College 19
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Wednesday, March 21 at 7 p.m. to play against Plymouth State on Diane C. Nordin '80 Field.