SCORE: Wheaton 12 - Plymouth State 10
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Plymouth State (1-3)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- Junior Matt Morgan led all players with a career-high five goals and one assist while junior CJ Leighton contributed with a hattrick and one assist.
- Scott Whear, Griffin Phaneuf, Maxwell McLaughlin, and Alex Stomberg were all able to get on the board with one goal each. Jack Hounchell was also able to pick up an assist in the win.
- Plymouth State was led by Ryan Croatti who scored two goals in the contest. The Panthers also had eight other contributors who each recorded one goal apiece.
- The game started off with a Wheaton goal from Morgan at 14:20. Plymouth State responded to the goal and went on 6-2 run to end the first quarter 6-3.
- Wheaton was able to cut the lead down in the second quarter with Morgan finding the back of the net three times. The Lyons defense held their line, conceding just one goal before intermission.
- The third quarter was the turning point for the Lyons as they outscored the Panthers 4-1, pushing them ahead 10-8.
- Plymouth State fought back in the final quarter, scoring three goals, but Wheaton was able to hold onto their lead and finish game 12-10.
- Chandler Miller had eight saves on the night and records his fourth win of the season for the Lyons.
- Shots: Wheaton 40 / Plymouth State 31
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 18 / Plymouth State 20
- Clears: Wheaton 11-14 / Plymouth State 5-11
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 11-26 / Plymouth State 15-26
- Saves: Wheaton 8 /Plymouth State 10
UP NEXT: The Lyons will be back at home on Saturday, March 24 at 1 p.m. where they will take on the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.