SCORE: Wheaton 5 - Coast Guard 10
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-4, 0-2 NEWMAC) - Coast Guard (8-2, 3-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: New London, Conn. (Cadet Memorial Field)
- Wheaton was led by junior Matt Morgan who scored a team-high three goals, while junior Alex Stomberg provided two assists. Morgan reaches the 100 point milestone with his performance against the Bears.
- Junior Josh Talanian finished the contest with one goal and one assist while Scott Whear netted one and picked up two ground balls.
- The Coast Guard Academy was led by Riley McNulty who scored four goals, two assists, and picked up five ground balls. McNulty becomes the first player in Bears program history to record 100 points.
- Wheaton opened up the game with a goal by Morgan at 13:22 before Coast Guard responded with four straight to take a 4-1 lead. Morgan was able to score before the end of the half, but Coast Guard answered at the 4:00 mark, making it 5-2 as both teams headed into intermission.
- Talanian was able to slip one past Coast Guard in the third quarter while the Bears picked up two against the Lyons.
- In the final quarter, Wheaton was able to capitalize while having a man-up advantage, scoring two goals in under three minutes to close the gap to 7-5.
- The Bears regained momentum near the end of the game, netting three goals to solidify their victory at 10-5.
- Shots: Wheaton 28 / Coast Guard 50
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 19 / Coast Guard 32
- Clears: Wheaton 14-19 / Coast Guard 16-17
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 4-17 / Coast Guard 13-17
- Saves: Wheaton 19 / Coast Guard 10
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 14 where they will face off against Clark University at 8:00 p.m.