SCORE: Wheaton 10 - Clark 12
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-5, 0-3 NEWMAC) - Clark (8-4, 3-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Clark University (Granger Field)
- Wheaton was led by Matt Morgan who scored five goals and had one assist while Tyler Brown-Ortiz netted three.
- The Lyons also found help from Scott Whear who picked up one goal and two assists while Griffin Phaneuf added to the cause with one goal.
- Clark was led by Brandon King and Will Mandracchia who each scored four goals apiece.
- Clark started the game off strong, going on a 5-0 run in 10 minutes. Wheaton was able to climb back in the final five minutes of the first quarter, scoring three goals to make it 6-3. In the second quarter, Clark outscored Wheaton 3-2 to set the scoreline at 9-4.
- The Lyons found momentum in the third, holding Clark to only two goals while they netted three.
- Wheaton pushed back in the final quarter and was able to score four goals, but despite their efforts, it wouldn't be enough to catch Clark.
- Shots: Wheaton 39 / Clark 52
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 25 / Clark 37
- Clears: Wheaton14-16 / Clark 10-11
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 8-26 / Clark 18-26
- Saves: Wheaton 15 / Clark 16
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to NEWMAC action on Saturday, April 18 at 7 p.m. where they will face off against Babson on Diane C. Nordin '80 Field.