SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Babson 16
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-6, 0-4 NEWMAC) - Babson (7-5, 4-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- Wheaton was led by junior Matt Morgan and first-year Tyler Brown-Ortiz who scored two goals each, while Morgan also picked up an assist in the process.
- First-years Jack Hounchell and Troy Sliney contributed one goal apiece while senior Scott Whear dished out an assist.
- Babson was led by Austin Fabel who scored a hattrick while Brendan Duffy and Will Messner provided two goals a piece for the Beavers.
- Babson started the game off strong and was able to score four goals in each quarter to go up on the Lyons 8-2 at halftime.
- After falling behind 1-0 at the start of the first quarter, Whear found Morgan at the 11:46 mark to tie the game, before Babson unleashed a seven goal assault that spanned the remainder of the first quarter and the second quarter. Wheaton ended the first half with a man-up goal from Hounchell with a feed from Morgan.
- Wheaton fought back over the course of the second half but despite their efforts, they were unable to catch the Beavers early lead, setting the final score at 16-6.
- Senior Goalkeeper Colin Walsh picked up 14 saves in the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 32 / Babson 42
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 26 / Babson 37
- Clears: Wheaton 14-15 / Babson 16-18
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 7-25 / Babson 18-25
- Saves: Wheaton 14 / Babson 13
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 21 at 1 p.m. against Emerson College on Diane C. Nordin '80 Field for Senior Day.