SCORE: Wheaton 11 - UNE 18
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - UNE (1-0, 0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Biddeford, Maine
- The Wheaton men's lacrosse team fell short to the University of New England on Saturday afternoon to a scoreline of 18-11.
- First-year Pete Chisholm led the Lyons for the second game in a row, scoring five goals while picking up two ground balls. Cj Leighton followed up with three goals and an assist while Josh Talanian had two. Alex Berg contributed one goal in the loss.
- Garett Bozek led the Nor'easters with six goals and an assist while Alex Zadworny followed up with two goals and four assists. Alex York netted three while dishing out three assists while Jason Erwin contributed two goals and two assists in the Nor'easter's win.
- The two sides battled at the start of the game, trading the lead three times in the first quarter alone. UNE scored four unanswered goals at the start of the second quarter to help them slowly separate from Wheaton.
- The Lyons managed to score two late goals in the final quarter to cut their deficit, but despite their efforts, they were unable to catch the Nor'easters early lead.
- Troy Sliney won 16-23 faceoffs while Chandler Miller totaled 17 saves in the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 38 / UNE 56
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 36 / UNE 44
- Clears: Wheaton 14-24 / UNE 24-31
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 19 / UNE 12
- Saves: Wheaton 17 /UNE 18
UP NEXT: Wheaton takes to the road again on Wednesday, Feb. 27 where they will face off against Salve Regina at 4:00 p.m.