SCORE: Wheaton 13 - Wentworth 9
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Wentworth (2-5, 0-0 GNAC)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- The Wheaton men's lacrosse team took to the road on Saturday, March 16, where they defeated the Leopards of Wentworth to a scoreline of 13-9.
- Wheaton was led by Pete Chisholm and Josh Talanian who each scored a hattrick while Matt Morgan and CJ Leighton followed up with two goals apiece. Gil Bach, Mike Abramo, and Alex Stomberg each contributed one goal in the Lyons win.
- Trey Kaufmann and Troy Sliney led the Lyons with a game-high six ground balls with Kaufmann also contributing a team-high two caused turnovers.
- Wentworth's Kyle Doner led all players with five goals and one assist while Ben Coakley followed up with two goals in the Leopards loss.
- Wheaton got on the board first with Chisholm finding the back of the net at 10:05. From there, the Lyons would go on 6-0 run, holding the Leopards to just two goals in the first half alone (7-2).
- The Leopards started to find their form going into the second half, but the Lyons were still able to produce six over the course of the two frames, ending the game at 13-9.
- Chandler Miller recorded 15 saves after seeing 24 shots in net.
- Shots: Wheaton 39 / Wentworth 40
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 33 / Wentworth 39
- Clears: Wheaton 17-22 / Wentworth 11-15
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 16-25 / Wentworth 9-25
- Saves: Wheaton 15 / Wentworth 11
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home to Diane C. Nordin Field on Wednesday, March 20, where they will face off against Plymouth St. at 4:00 p.m.