SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Trinity (Conn.) 23
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-6, 0-4 NEWMAC) - Trinity (5-3, 0-3 NESCAC)
LOCATION: Hartford, Conn. (Jessee/Miller Field )
- The Wheaton men's lacrosse team traveled to Hartford, Connecticut on Tuesday night where they fell to the Bantams of Trinity College to a scoreline of 23-4.
- Cj Leighton, Gil Bach, and Mike Abramo combined for Wheaton's four goals, with Leighton picking up two goals and one assist, breaking the 100 point career benchmark.
- James Marcucella had a team-high two caused turnovers while Troy Sliney and Matt Morgan led the Lyons with three ground balls apiece.
- Trinity's Ben Knaus, John Caraviello and Connor McCulloch led all players with three goals each while Teddy Myers and Ben Ferrucci contributed two goals in the Bantams win.
- Trinity scored their first goal of the game at 12:06 and never looked back. Mike Abramo was able to tie the game at 11:14 (1-1), but the Bantams quickly regained their form, going on a 13-0 run before the end of the first half.
- Wheaton was able to get on the board three more times throughout the second half, but it wouldn't be enough to catch the Bantams early lead.
- Chandler Miller recorded 17 saves while Alex Chu saw his first appearance in net for the blue and white.
- Shots: Wheaton 23 / Trinity 67
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 11 / Trinity 33
- Clears: Wheaton 10-11 / Trinity 5-5
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 5-29 / Trinity 24-29
- Saves: Wheaton 17 / Trinity 9
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, March 30, where they will face off against MIT at 1:00 P.M. for their first NEWMAC contest of the 2019 campaign.