SCORE: Wheaton 12 - MIT 17
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-3, 0-1 NEWMAC) - MIT (5-5, 1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field )
- Wheaton was led by Pete Chisholm who notched four goals and two assists while Mike Abramo and CJ Leighton each contributed two goals apiece. Abramo also dished out two assists with Lyons also receiving goals from Alex Berg, Gil Bach, Alec Morin, and Matt Morgan.
- Troy Sliney led the Lyons with five groundballs, while Teg Cosgriff followed with a team-high two caused turnovers.
- First-year James Santoro finished with one goal and five assists for the Engineers, while Mark Heatzig tallied a hattrick and two assists. Luke Gianni battled for a game-high six ground balls.
- MIT powered into the game with a 3-0 run before Chisholm was able to find the back of the net for the Lyons at 7:34. Abramo would take advantage of being up a man with 4:31 left in the frame, but MIT came back down the field and scored with 17 seconds left (5-2).
- Wheaton opened up the second frame with a goal at 13:47 but the Engineers were able to force a 5-1 assault against the Lyons to end the first half 10-2.
- Wheaton pushed with four unanswered goals in the third quarter, cutting their deficit to 12-8, but the Engineers netted another late goal to increase their lead 13-8.
- MIT carried their momentum into the final quarter, scoring three goals within the first five minutes and another one at 3:56 (16-8). Wheaton responded with three goals in the remaining minutes of the game, but it wouldn't be enough to catch the Engineers first-half push.
- Shots: Wheaton 29 / MIT 50
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 29 / MIT 37
- Clears: Wheaton 10-16 / MIT 18-20
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 18-33 / MIT 15-33
- Saves: Wheaton 12 / MIT 7
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home to Diane C. Nordin Field where they will face off against New England College at 7:00 P.M.