SCORE: Wheaton 5 - Coast Guard 20
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-4, 0-2 NEWMAC) - Coast Guard (9-2, 2-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin Field)
- The Lyons had five different goal scorers in the loss with Alex Berg, Gil Bach, Mike Abramo, Alex Stomberg, and Matt Morgan each finding the back of the net. Morgan was also able to contribute an assist while Pete Chisholm and CJ Leighton followed up with one apiece.
- The Coast Guard Academy was led by Riley McNulty who scored five goals and four assists and senior Colin Cashin who recorded a game-high eight ground balls. The Bears also found help from Anthony Wyler, Benner Geursten, and Jack Pope who each contributed a hattrick on the day.
- The Bears started the game with a 8-0 run in the first quarter alone before Stomberg got the Lyons on the board after receiving a pass from Morgan at 6:17. Coast Guard was able to slide another past the Lyons defense in the remaining minutes to increase their lead 9-1.
- After Coast Guard's strong opening push, Wheaton started the second frame with a goal at 13:49 (9-2), but the Bears were able to respond with a 4-1 run to close out the half (13-3).
- Wheaton held Coast Guard to just two goals in the third while also notching two themselves before the Bears regained momentum in the final quarter, netting five goals to solidify their road win at 20-5.
- Chandler Miller recorded a career-high 20 saves.
- Shots: Wheaton 24 / Coast Guard 61
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 17 / Coast Guard 30
- Clears: Wheaton 13-17 / Coast Guard 13-16
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 6-28 / Coast Guard 22-28
- Saves: Wheaton 20 / Coast Guard 9
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 13 where they will face off against Clark University at 1:00 p.m.