SCORE: Wheaton 1 - Clark 19
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-5, 0-3 NEWMAC) - Clark (8-4, 3-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin Field)
- Wheaton was led by senior CJ Leighton who scored the Lyons lone goal of the contest while midfielder Troy Sliney tallied for a team-high four ground balls.
- Senior Matt Morgan led all players with three caused turnovers with Sam Spaulding following up with two in the Lyons loss.
- Clark was led by Chris Rasco who notched four goals while Jack Pierce netted three goals and had one assist. Tyler Vincent, Noah Skole, and Owen Lamerson each contributed two goals apiece in the Cougars win.
- Clark started the game off strong, going on a 5-0 run in the first quarter before following up with another 4-0 run in the second to set the game at 9-0 at intermission.
- The Cougars continued their momentum into the third and fourth quarter, going 8-0 before Leighton was able to put the Lyons on the board at 5:42. Clark would manage to finish out the scoring with two more late goals to end the game at 19-1.
- Wheaton's Chandler Miller recorded 12 saves in net while Neal Canastra followed up with two saves after seeing four shots in goal, marking his third appearance for the Lyons.
- Shots: Wheaton 35 / Clark 52
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 23 / Clark 27
- Clears: Wheaton 20-22 / Clark 23-25
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 5-23 / Clark 18-23
- Saves: Wheaton 14 / Clark 16
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on Wednesday, April 17, where they will face off against the Beavers of Babson College at 7:00 PM.