SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Babson 11
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-6, 0-4 NEWMAC) - Babson (8-5, 4-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- The Wheaton men's lacrosse team took to the road on Wednesday night where they battled against the Beavers of Babson College in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play, eventually falling to a scoreline of 11-4.
- Wheaton was led by CJ Leighton who tallied two goals while Alex Stomberg and Matt Morgan each contributed one in the Lyons loss. Morgan also scooped a team-high four ground balls and had two caused turnovers on the night.
- Babson senior Niall Dillion led all players in contest with four goals and two assist while Owen Allen followed up with a hattrick and one assist. Graduate Student Jack O'Donoghue and sophomore Jack Tague both picked up five ground balls apiece while combining for a total five caused turnovers.
- The Beavers were able to get on the board first with a goal at 13:47 before Leighton was able to score from a dished off passed from Pete Chisholm at 8:40 to draw the game level at 1-1. Babson's Dillion found the back of the net with 6:49 left in the first quarter and continued his form into the second frame, scoring another goal at 9:05 to put the Beavers up by two (3-1). The Lyons continued to put pressure on their opponent, but the Beavers were resilient, scoring two more goals before intermission to push ahead 5-1.
- Stomberg opened the second half with an unassisted goal at 10:01 and Morgan notched his lone goal of the night at 4:09 to help cut the Lyons deficit, but it wouldn't be enough to push past the Beavers with the game setting at 11-4.
- Chandler Miller recorded 15 saves after seeing 26 shots in net.
- Shots: Wheaton 31 / Babson 39
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 29 / Babson 40
- Clears: Wheaton 18-24 / Babson 18-26
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 8-19 / Babson 11-19
- Saves: Wheaton 15 / Babson 10
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on Saturday, April 20, where they will face off against the Lions of Emerson College at 5:00 PM.