SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Springfield 20
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-8, 1-6 NEWMAC) - Springfield (8-9, 5-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Wheaton was led by senior CJ Leighton with two goals while fellow classmate Matt Morgan followed up with one. First year Ben Stomberg notched one goal in the Lyons loss.
- Springfield's Joe Hawley led all players on the day with eight goals while Ray McCarthy contributed a hattrick. Cameron Glover and Lucas Habich each scored twice for the Pride while Jack Vial, Zachary Schuette, and Cole Pecora rounded out the scoring with one goal apiece.
- Springfield came out the gates flying, holding the Lyons to just one goal over two periods while they were able to put up 15. Wheaton opened the second half with a goal at 11:24 and another at 5:53, but the Pride responded with two of their own to set the game at 17-3. In the final quarter, Stomberg found the back of the net after receiving a pass from Teg Cosgriff at 8:44, but the Pride were able to net another two goals shortly after, ending the game at 20-4.
- Chandler Miller recorded four saves on the day while Neal Canastra was able to stop six after seeing 11 shots.
- Shots: Wheaton 35 / Springfield 49
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 18 / Springfield 26
- Clears: Wheaton 9-11 / Springfield 14-15
- Face-Offs: Wheaton 9-26 / Springfield 17-26
- Saves: Wheaton 10 / Springfield 7
UP NEXT: Wheaton concludes the regular season with an overall record of 7-8 and 1-6 NEWMAC standing.