SCORE: Wheaton 9 - UNE 21
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - UNE (2-0, 0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Biddeford, Maine (UNE Blue Bolt Field)
- The Wheaton College men's lacrosse team was led by junior Mike Abramo with five goals while sophmore Mike Goodwin followed up with two goals. Both Lou Mainella and Alex Berg contributed one goal apiece in the Lyons loss.
- The University of New England's Alex York also had five goals while Garrett Bozek netted four goals and Devon Jackson contributed with a hattrick. Zach Bossi and Collin Morrow each scored twice for the Nor'easters while Noach Luccini, Kyle Kennedy, Andrew Loya, Alden Balboni and Adam Race rounded out the scoring with one goal apiece.
- Wheaton's Troy Sliney picked up a game-high 16 ground balls while Gil Bach and Mike Conti recorded two caused turnovers each.
- UNE came out the gates flying, holding the Lyons to zero goals after the first period. The Wheaton College Lyons fought back in the second quarter with goals at 10:23, 9:32, 2:48 and another at 1:11. In the final quarter, Abramo found the back of the net twice, once at 8:50 and another receiving a pass from Mainella at 6:10, but the Nor'easters were able to net another three goals shortly after, ending the game at 21-9.
- Chandler Miller recorded 14 saves on the day after seeing 34 shots.
Shots: Wheaton 40 / UNE 43
Ground Balls: Wheaton 48 / UNE 41
Clears: Wheaton 7-13 / UNE 19-21
Face-Offs: Wheaton 24-34 / UNE 10-34
Saves: Wheaton 14 / UNE 10
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action Wednesday, February 26th at 7PM for their home-opener against Gordon. VIDEO / LIVE STATS