SCORE: Clarkson 3 - Wheaton 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (0-1, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - Clarkson (1-0, 0-0-0 Liberty League)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Prior to the contest, the Wheaton College community came together to honor the late Coach Matt Cushing, as hundreds gathered to pay tribute to his legacy.
- Clarkson got on the board early for a 1-0 lead after just two minutes had elapsed, when Kevin Calnan fired in his first of three goals on the day.
- Senior forward Amara Sesay evened the score in the 37th minute, finding the back of the net off of a long shot from out wide.
- Calnan netted his second goal in the 63rd minute to lift the Golden Knights to a 2-1 lead, thanks to a cross into the box from Aidan Subra.
- With less than six minutes to go in regulation, Clarkson's Calnan was awarded a penalty kick, which resulted in a goal and a 3-1 final score.
- Ian Roeloffs starts off the season with a 1-0 record after recording six saves in goal for Clarkson.
- Erik Wisniewski took the loss despite making five saves in 90 minutes of work.
- Shots: Wheaton 20 - Clarkson 13
- Shots on Goal: Wheaton 7 - Clarkson 8
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 7 - Clarkson 5
- Saves: Wheaton 5 - Clarkson 6
- Offsides: Wheaton 1 - Clarkson 2
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the field on Saturday, Sept. 2 at 3 p.m. as they host Saint Lawrence University at Keefe Field.