SCORE: Wheaton 5 - St. Lawrence 5
RECORDS: Wheaton (0-1-1, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - St. Lawrence (0-1-1, 0-0-0 Liberty League)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- The Lyons got their offense rolling in the 33rd minute when senior forward Louis Chavez sent the ball into the box to the open Curran Wait, who kicked a high ball over the keeper and in.
- Shawn McCall upped the Wheaton Lead to 2-0 nine minutes later, as he successfully converted a long ball on a 1v1 up the middle.
- By the 52nd minute, the Lyons were enjoying a 3-0 advantage after senior forward Amara Sesay took two defenders and buried the ball into the left corner.
- St. Lawrence used the next six minutes to claw themselves back into the contest and even things up at 3-3, with goals from Charlton Kelly, Luis Jiminez and Brendan McNamee.
- Sesay struck twice more in the following minutes to regain the lead, scoring off of a header (assist credited to junior forward Adam Waks) as well as a succesful penalty kick in the 70th minute.
- Trailing 5-3, the Saints powered through to come back again; first with a Jimenez goal at 75:35 and finally a Jethro Dede equalizer with just over five minutes in regulation.
- The squads remained scoreless over two overtime periods to end in a 5-5 draw.
- Senior James Bailey got his first start of the young season, stopping one in 110 minutes of play.
- Mike Smith takes credit for ten saves on the day between the pipes for the Saints.
- Shots: Wheaton 25 - St. Lawrence 26
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 5 - St. Lawrence 7
- Saves: Wheaton 1 - St. Lawrence 11
UP NEXT: Wheaton hits the road on Wednesday, Sept. 6 for a nonconference matchup at the University of New England at 4:00 p.m.