SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Western New England 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-1-1, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - Western New England (2-1, 0-0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass. (Suprenant Field)
- Western New England scored first 23 minutes into the contest, as Troy Remillard took matters into his own hands with an unassisted goal.
- Wheaton responded thirteen minutes later when Curran Wait made a pass across the top of the box to an open Shawn McCall to tie things up at one apiece.
- Not long after that did Thomas Gatanis lift the Lyons lead to 2-1, converting an Amara Sesay cross into the box in the 39th minute.
- Sesay was the first to score in the second period with some help from Sean Hurlburt, sinking the Lyons third and final goal of the day at 52:48.
- Remillard brought Western New England within one with 15 minutes on the clock, but the Golden Bears would remain scoreless from there to take the 3-2 loss.
- Erik Wisniewski earned his first win of the season in his second start of the year with a pair of saves.
- Tyler Lavigne stopped four, but falls to 1-1 this season with the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 - Western New England 17
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 - Western New England 2
- Saves: Wheaton 2 - Western New England 4
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to Keefe Field on Saturday, September 9, when they host Keene State at 2:00 p.m.