Posted: Sep 16, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 1 - MIT 4
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-3-1, 0-1 NEWMAC) - MIT (2-1-2, 1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
- Isaac Perper converted a through ball from Loukas Carayannopoulos 17 minutes into the game for a 1-0 MIT lead.
- 49 seconds later, the Engineers delivered another hit for a 2-0 lead as Joshua Wilson scored on the rebound off of an Erik Wisniewski save.
- Wheaton was the first to score in the second period after Adam Waks drove down the field and sent a cross to Louis Chavez who closed the gap to 2-1 in the 68th minute.
- Carayannopoulos, however, put the Engineers back on top by two at 72:23 after getting slipping the ball into the back left corner of the net.
- Nate Johnson capped the MIT scoring at 4-1 off of a header with an assist from Ryan Stuntz.
- Wisniewski came up with a pair of saves in 20:40 of work and now stands at 2-3-0 on the season. Patrick Byrnes debuted in a 69:40 minute performance, tallying a save.
- Jeremy Cowham came up with five saves for the Engineers and improves to 2-1-2.
- Shots: Wheaton 10 - MIT 18
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 9 - MIT 6
- Saves: Wheaton 3 - MIT 5