Posted: Sep 20, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Roger Williams 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-3-1, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) - Roger Williams (5-1-2, 1-0-0 Commonwealth Coast)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Senior Amara Sesay deposited his first in a hat trick to put the Lyons on the board, 1-0, at 17:41.
- Colby Decker kept the game close for the time being with an equalizer in the 27th minute. Decker scored after Lucas Watt sent a bomb from the 50 yard line that bounced behind Wheaton's keeper, Patrick Byrnes.
- Wheaton added one more before the close of the half for a 2-1 lead. Sesay opened things up in the 32nd minute, beating a defender in the lower right corner of the box before crossing to a wide open Adam Waks.
- The Hawks evened the score once more to open the second period, with Garret Bolton scoring off of a rebound from his initial shot at 55:53.
- Wheaton was able to double their lead in a ten minute span from the Hawks' second marker. Sesay converted on a free kick before Chris Brubaker (assist credited to J.D. Souza) found the back of the net for the second time this season.
- Quinton Hay tallied his first collegiate goal to put the Lyons up by three with a score of 5-2.
- Decker helped Roger Williams chip away at their deficit by scoring off of a cross from Hunter Graham in the 74th minute.
- Sesay tallied his third goal of the day, the Lyons' final goal of the contest, thanks to a helper from Sean Hurlburt for a 6-3 final score.
- Byrnes picks up his first win of the year after collecting six saves.
- Edmund Geschickter drops to 4-1-1 while adding five to his saves total.
- Shots: Wheaton 13 - Roger Williams 23
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 3 - Roger Williams 14
- Saves: Wheaton 6 - Roger Williams 5