Sep 23, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Clark 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-3-2, 0-1-1 NEWMAC) - Clark (3-2-3, 1-0-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Much of the first half of the contest looked bleak for the Lyons, as Clark enjoyed a 3-0 lead up until the 45th minute. Trevor Sheridan assisted Sean Munroe and added an unassisted goal of his own for a 2-0 lead by the 18th minute, before Julian Feshback-Meriney collected another Sheridan ball and buried it into the far left corner of the net.
- With 31 seconds left in the first, Jonny O'Meara headed in his first collegiate goal to put the Lyons on the board thanks to a throw in from Sean Hurlburt.
- Wheaton came out of the gates hot to dominate the second period, though, outshooting the Cougars 14-5 and scoring twice to even the score.
- Hurlburt buried Wheaton's second goal of the day at 54:54 after a good looking cross to the center of the box from Jules Stewart.
- With less than six minutes in regulation, Amara Sesay was awarded a penalty kick and succeeded in finding the back of the net to bring the game into extra minutes.
- The pace of both overtime periods was fast, with Clark narrowly edging Wheaton in shots 5-4, but neither team could come up with a game-winner.
- Patrick Byrnes appeared for the start, making 3 saves in the first 48:24 minutes of work. Erik Wisniewski took over for the final 61:31 and coming up with 4 stops.
- Connor Maguire was excellent in net for Clark, stopping eleven Wheaton attempts on net.
- Shots: Wheaton 23 - Clark 20
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 15 - Clark 7
- Saves: Wheaton 7 - Clark 11