Posted: Oct 03, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Trinity (Conn.) 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-5-2) - Trinity (Conn.) (1-7-1)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Sophomore J.D. Souza put Wheaton ahead 1-0 in the 10th minute, scoring his first goal of the season off a Sean Hurlburt throw-in. Hurlburt put the ball in the box, where Souza was able to rise above his defender and head the ball to the bottom right side.
- Trinity (Conn.) tied things at 1-1 just minutes later with a free-kick header by Cody Savonen in the 13th minute. Alex Bednarek picked up the assist.
- Chris Brubaker handed the lead back to the Lyons in the 18th minute with an unassisted goal. The goal is the third of the season for the sophomore.
- Trailing 2-1 at the half, the Bantams equalized once again, this time in the 57th minute with a goal from Scott Brazina, which was assisted by Henry Farr.
- Souza helped the Lyons earn the lead back once more, this time assisting senior Amara Sesay on his New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) leading 13th goal of the season. The goal came after the ball was played into Souza in the six-yard box, which he redirected to the left post to an unmarked Sesay.
- First-year Jonny O'Meara made it a 4-2 contest in the 78th minute. Junior Curran Wait sent the ball to O'Meara who one-touched it past the Bantam keeper.
- Trinity fought to get back in the game down the stretch, pulling within a goal in the 89th minute off the foot of Savonen, but it would not be enough.
- Erik Wisniewski picked up his third win of the season, playing all 90 minutes of action, coming up with four saves.
- Mateo Zabala collected his sixth loss of the game after coming up with seven saves in 90 minutes of work.
- Shots: Wheaton 17 - Trinity (Conn.) 23
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 - Trinity (Conn.) 8
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Trinity (Conn.) 7