Posted: Oct 07, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - WPI 4
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-6-2, 0-3-1 NEWMAC) - WPI (8-4, 4-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Senior goalkeeper Erik Wisniewski picked up his sixth loss of the season after playing the entire contest in goal for the Lyons, coming up with three saves.
- Neil Fitzgerald and Louis Chavez led Wheaton with two shots each.
- WPI, who netted three of its four goals in the first-half, got the scoring started in the 10th minute with an unassisted goal by Paul Beatty. Beatty found his way through the Wheaton defense and fired a shot back across the frame and into the far post.
- Brendan Nemes netted the final two goals of the half, with a converted penalty kick in the 19th minute, which was followed by a free-kick header in 28th minute.
- Mark Calnan ended the scoring for the Engineers in the 67th minute with an assist from Luke Reiniger.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 - WPI 16
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 6 - WPI 6
- Saves: Wheaton 3 - WPI 4