Oct 08, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Bridgewater State 1 (OT)
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-6-2, 0-3-1 NEWMAC) - Bridgewater State (2-8-2, 0-3-1 MASCAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Junior forward Filipe Gomes reached the 50 career-point milestone at the five-minute mark of the contest, sinking a bomb off of a free hit to put the Bears on top, 1-0.
- Wheaton trailed, 1-0, for over 67 minutes before senior forward Louis Chavez collected a slip from classmate Amara Sesay to tally the equalizer at 72:10.
- The remainder of the contest saw 14 shots, 8 of which came from Wheaton, but neither team could convert.
- The Lyons put the game away, 2-1, on the third shot of the overtime period when Chavez found the back of the net following a long ball from junior Curran Wait.
- Chavez led all players on the field with nine shots, while Gomes led the visiting Bears with five.
- Senior keeper ErikWisniewski climbs to 4-6-0 after stopping nine Bridgewater State attempts on net in 94:03 minutes of work.
- Nate Morgado appeared for the entire match as well, making nine saves.
- Shots: Wheaton 31 - Bridgewater State 21
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 9 - Bridgewater State 3
- Saves: Wheaton 9 - Bridgewater State 9