Oct 21, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Emerson 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-8-2, 1-4-1 NEWMAC) - Emerson (4-9-2, 0-6 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Wheaton took a 1-0 lead in the 26th minute when senior Amara Sesay found Curran Wait with a cross to the far post, which Wait was able to redirect past a diving Lion goalkeeper.
- Emerson responded in the 37th minute with an equalizer from Gabin Faucette. Faucette dribbled down the center of the field and fired off a shot from the top of the 18-yard box.
- It took the Lyons just 30 seconds into the second half to break the deadlock when Sesay netted the first of his three goals of the day. J.D. Souza picked up the assist after crossing the ball to the head of Sesay.
- Wait netted his second goal the game in the 55th minute when Dimitri Roumeliotis headed the ball onto Wait, who was able to fire it into goal.
- Sesay collected his second assist of the day in the 65th minute when he crossed the ball to an on-coming Louis Chavez.
- Shawn McCall found Sesay less than a minute later with a cross that Sesay put away.
- Sesay finished the hat-trick in the 69th minute with a feed from sophomore Jules Stewart. The goal is Sesay's NEWMAC and team-leading 17th of the season.
- Erik Wisniewski collected his fifth win of the season after playing 71:47 between the pipes. The senior keeper came up with three saves while conceding the one goal. Patrick Byrnes also saw time in goal for Wheaton, being forced to make just one save.
- Lucas Fischer collected the loss for Emerson.
- Shots: Wheaton 22 - Emerson 11
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 5 - Emerson 1
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Emerson 5