SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Springfield 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-8-2, 2-4-1 NEWMAC) - Springfield (13-1-1, 5-1-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- Wheaton picked up its second consecutive New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) win with a 2-1 defeat of #24 Springfield.
- With the win, the Lyons end the Prides perfect season, handing Springfield its first loss of the year.
- Curran Wait put Wheaton on the board first with a goal in the 12th minute after the ball made its way to a wide-open Wait inside the 18-yard box.
- Hanging on to a 1-0 lead, senior Amara Sesay added what would prove to be the game-winning goal in the 47th minute after dribbling through the Pride defense and firing off a shot to the left corner netting.
- The Sesay goal was his NEWMAC leading 18th of the season, which currently ranks him in the top-20 nationally in goals scored. Sesay also leads the conference in game-winning goals with four.
- Brendan Claflin cut the Pride deficit in half in the 76th minute with Springfield barreling down on the Lyons.
- Senior Erik Wisniewski ended his career at Wheaton on a high note, picking up his fifth win of the season, coming up with eight huge saves for the Lyons.
- Stewart Frank suffered his first loss of the year, allowing two goals in 90 minutes.
- Shots: Wheaton 6 - Springfield 21
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 - Springfield 6
- Saves: Wheaton 8 - Springfield 0
SUMMARY: Wheaton concludes the season with a 7-8-2 overall record and 2-4-1 conference standing.