Sep 05, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Western New England 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-2-0, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - WNE (2-1-0, 0-0-0 CCC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team hosted Western New England in a non-conference home opener for the Lyons at Keefe Field Wednesday afternoon with the Golden Bears walking away with a 3-0 win.
- After a scoreless first half that saw just nine shots combined, the Golden Bears broke through with their first goal in the 59th minute by Brendan Clafilin.
- Western New England added two more insurance goals, with one coming from Josh Labonte in the 65th minute and the other from Matt Remillard in the 83rd.
- The Lyons one shot on goal came in the 88th minute on a header from sophomore Brandon Hall that was saved by WNE goalkeeper Sam Brewer.
- First-year Diego Medina collected the complete game loss for the Lyons, after surrendering three goals, while coming up with two saves. Brewer, who played all but 30 seconds of the game for the Golden Bears came up with the win.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 - WNE 19
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 1 - WNE 6
- Saves: Wheaton 2 - WNE 2
- Fouls: Wheaton 15 - WNE 17