Posted: Sep 15, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 1 - MIT 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-2-0, 1-0-0 NEWMAC) - MIT (3-3-0, 0-1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team opened New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Saturday afternoon at Keefe Field with the Lyons taking down the Engineers of MIT 1-0. The win is the third straight for the Lyons and the team's second shutout of the season.
- It took both teams a while to get their offense going with Wheaton holding a slim 5-3 shot advantage in the scoreless first half.
- The Lyons finally broke through in the 64th minute with Shawn McCall's first goal of the season. The junior forward collected a ball that deflected off a number of MIT players and casually chipped it over Jeremy Cowham.
- First-year Diego Medina picked up his third win of the season after being forced to make just one save.
- Shots: Wheaton 12 - MIT 7
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 5 - MIT 3
- Saves: Wheaton 1 - MIT 2
- Fouls: Wheaton 11 - MIT 16