Posted: Sep 19, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Roger Williams 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-4-0, 1-0-0 NEWMAC) - Roger Williams (7-0)
LOCATION: Bristol, R.I. (Bayside Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team returned to the field Wednesday night for a non-conference match-up at Roger Williams, with the Hawks taking the game 2-0.
- Roger Williams got on the board in the 42nd minute with a goal from Andrew Kirschenbaum assisted by Connor Edwards. The Hawks added an insurance goal in the 57th minute.
- Troy Mattos nearly put the Lyons on the board in the 15th minute with a shot that was saved by James Lee of Roger Williams. Wheaton put the pressure on in the second half, rattling off their other five shots over a seven minute span with Thomas Gatanis, Curran Wait, and Antonio Rogliano all forcing saves from Lee.
- Peter Pond got the start for the Lyons, coming up with six saves in the loss.
- Shots: Wheaton 11 - Roger Williams 21
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton1 - Roger Williams 5
- Saves: Wheaton 6 - Roger Williams 5
- Fouls: Wheaton 13 - Roger Williams 12