Sep 25, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Brandeis
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-5-0, 2-0-0 NEWMAC) - Brandeis (4-4)
LOCATION: Waltham, Mass. (Gordon Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team hit the road Tuesday evening for a non-conference contest against the Judges of Brandeis, with the host team pulling out a 1-0 win at Gordon Field.
- Peter Pond came up with four saves for the Lyons in the complete game loss. Greg Irwin earned the win for the Judges after also making just four saves.
- Brandeis had a 17-13 advantage in shots, while Wheaton had more set-piece opportunities, getting seven corner kicks to the Judges five.
- After a fairly even first half of action, the Judges broke a 0-0 deadlock in the 53rd minute with a goal from Bryant Narizzi who scored after receiving a pass from Jared Panson.
- Wheaton put just two shots on goal in the second half with Neil Fitzgerald getting his head on a pass into the 18-yard box, but the junior had his shot met by Irwin. Charlie Stringer put the other shot on frame, but Irwin managed to punch the ball off the left post.
- Shots: Wheaton 13 - Brandeis 17
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 7 - Brandeis 5
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Brandeis 4
- Fouls: Wheaton 15 - Brandeis 6