Sep 29, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Coast Guard 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-6-0, 2-1-0 NEWMAC) - Coast Guard (3-5-2, 1-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team suffered its first New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) loss of the season at the hands of the United States Coast Guard Academy, with the Bears earning a 2-0 win Saturday afternoon at Keefe Field.
- The game was a tale of two halves with the Lyons owning a 12-5 shot advantage in the first period, while the Bears won the second half with an 11-6 shot surplus. Despite the number of shots, both teams struggled to put the ball on frame with both teams putting just five shots on goal.
- Two of the Bears five shots on frame found the back of the net, starting with a goal from Patrick Palermo-Re in the 25th minute. The goal came after the senior midfielder settled the ball outside the 18-yard box and calmly chipped the ball over Wheaton goalkeeper Diego Medina.
- Coast Guard added an insurance goal in the 64th minute with a feed from Noah Harper that found Quintin Parsons who slid the ball into the back right corner.
- Wheaton's best chance at goal came in the eighth minute with a well placed shot by Nick Vanini but unfortunately, it was met by the Bear goalkeeper.
- Medina collected the loss for the Lyons, while Dakota Harich earned his second win of the season for the Bears.
- Shots: Wheaton 18 - CGA 16
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 - CGA 1
- Saves: Wheaton 3 - CGA 5
- Fouls: Wheaton 16 - CGA 15