Oct 20, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Emerson 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-8, 3-3 NEWMAC) - Emerson (3-11-1, 1-5 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team returned to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Saturday afternoon, earning a convincing 4-1 win over the Emerson Lions.
- Emerson took an early 1-0 lead with a goal from RJ Dziejma in the 24th minute.
- Wheaton countered less than a minute later with a goal from Nick Vanini, which was followed by the game-winning goal seconds later from JD Souza
- The Lyons added one more goal before halftime, this time with Charlie Stringer's first goal of his career. Stringer received a pass across goal from Shawn McCall and one-touched it into the net.
- Wheaton added one final goal, which came in the second half with McCall's first goal of the game and third of the season. McCall received the ball from over the top from Jules Stewart that sparked a breakaway goal.
- Diego Medina picked up the complete game win for the Lyons after making four saves. David Kemp picked up the loss for the Lions after surrendering all four goals.
- Shots: Wheaton 12 - Emerson 13
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 4 - Emerson 5
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Emerson 0
- Fouls: Wheaton 17 - Emerson 10