SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Norwich 4
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-1-0, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - Norwich (2-0-0, 0-0-0 GNAC)
LOCATION: Northfield, Vt.
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team dropped their second game of the Cadet Kickoff Classic this evening as they fell to their host Norwich University, 4-0.
- The first half was a back-and-forth affair, as the teams traded shots until Norwich finally converted a Julio Arreola goal from Alex Brannan and Shoki Araki in the 45th minute.
- The Cadets found the back of the net a second time just four and a half minutes into the second period as Matt Bento collected a helper from Josue Lopez.
- Lopez and Joseph Thongsythavong combined for two goals just five minutes apart between the 70th and 75th minute of the game to put away a 4-0 home field win for Norwich.
- Alex Nickerson and Brady Smith lead the way for the Lyons, each recording two of the team's seven shots on the evening.
- Diego Medina made his second start of the season, playing 76:45 minutes of the contest and collecting 5 saves before reliever Cameron Millington kept the net for the last 13:15 minutes.
- Shots: Wheaton 7 - Norwich 13
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 9 - Norwich 5
- Saves: Wheaton 5, Norwich 5
UP NEXT: Wheaton resumes their schedule on Wednesday, September 4 when they host Johnson and Wales (R.I.) in their 4:30 p.m. home opener.