SCORE: Wheaton 1 - Keene State 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2-0, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - Keene State (3-0-0, 0-0-0 Little East)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- The Owls of Keene State College defeated the Wheaton College men's soccer team 3-1 this afternoon on Diane C. Nordin '80 Field.
- Connor Downey put the visitors on the board as he sent a good looking cross to Emmanuel Smith on the right side in the 11th minute of the game.
- Smith found the back of the net for a two-goal lead fifteen minutes later, scoring an unassisted goal for a breakaway up the left.
- Wheaton would play a man down from the 45th minute after a penalty in Keene State's box, but Brady Smith fired a corner kick directly into the net to cut the deficit in half and revitalize the Lyons at 55:47.
- The host team recorded 8 shots in what was a high-offense portion of the game, but Keene State was able to put the game away with a corner kick goal by James McCully in the 84th.
- Keene State outshot the Lyons, 19-15, while Wheaton took 8 corner kicks to the Owls' 4.
- Sophomore goalie Diego Medina suffers the loss this evening despite making 7 saves. Anthony Pasciuto came away from the game with 5 stops.
- Shots: Wheaton 15 - Keene State 19
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 48- Keene State 4
- Saves: Wheaton 7 - Keene State 5
UP NEXT: Wheaton hits the field again on Wednesday, September 11 for a 7:00 p.m. contest at New England College.