SCORE: Wheaton 2 - New England College 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-2-0, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - New England College (1-4-0, 000 NECC)
LOCATION: Henniker, N.H.
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team picked up a 2-0 win over the Pilgrims of New England College this evening in Henniker, N.H.
- JD Souza scored off a penalty kick in the eleventh minute of the game after being taken down in the box on a penalty corner play, allowing the Lyons to notch a point on the board for a 1-0 lead.
- The Pilgrims came close to leveling the score with two minutes left to go in the first half, after a shot from Panagiotis Galatas went right past the far post.
- Sophomore Alex Nickerson doubled the lead and connected for Wheaton's final goal of the evening off of a boot from first year Alberto Franceschi at 57:12.
- Cameron Millington went unchallenged in his first start and complete game of his career, while Robbie Ferguson appeared for all 90 minutes as well and made four saves.
- Charlie Stringer and Souza lead the Lyons with four and three shots each, respectively.
- Shots: Wheaton 18 - NEC 7
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 - NEC 2
- Saves: Wheaton 0 - NEC 4
UP NEXT: Wheaton hosts Endicott College on Keefe Field this Saturday, September 14 at 1:00 p.m.