Posted: Sep 17, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Tufts 6
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-4-0, 0-0-0 NEWMAC) - Tufts (5-0-0, 0-0-0 NESCAC)
LOCATION: Medford, Mass. (Bello Field)
- The Wheaton College men's soccer team fell to the number one ranked team in the nation this evening as Tufts University scored three goals in each half of the game for a 6-0 final score.
- Six Tufts Jumbos played a hand in the first three goals, as Biagio Paoletta, Alex Ratzan and Ian Daly scored after collecting assists from Travis Van Brewer, Joe Braun and Max Jacobs, respectively.
- Van Brewer kicked off the second half scoring with an unassisted goal in the 48th minute before Braun connected with Zach Lane just 2:31 minutes later.
- Rolando Rabines took a cross from Zach Trevorrow at 78:57 to cap the Tufts offense for the evening.
- Shawn McCall took Wheaton's only attempt of the game in the 52nd minute, but the shot was turned aside by Erich Kindermann.
- Cameron Millington appeared for 60:41 minutes of work during which he stopped six of the Jumbos shots on goal. Diego Medina recieved considerable minutes but did not come up with a save.
- Shots: Wheaton 1 - Tufts 18
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 2 - Tufts 9
- Saves: Wheaton 6 - Tufts 1