Posted: Sep 21, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 1 - MIT 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-5-0, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) - MIT (3-0-3, 1-0-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The MIT men's soccer team scored in the 90th minute of this afternoon's NEWMAC opener to stun Wheaton College, 2-1.
- Antonio Rogliano put the Lyons on the board first, as he finished a ball from Luca de Castro Novaes inside the box in the 24th minute.
- Wheaton held a 1-0 advantage heading into halftime, and for much of the second period until Will Seiple scored a low-angle goal without an assist at 73:07.
- The Lyons were able to register two shots and then two corner kicks in the final ten minutes of regulation but their chance of an overtime were ruined when Loukas Carayannopoulos scored a 90th-minute goal off of a free-kick to end the game.
- Diego Medina picked up three saves in the loss, while Jeremy Cowham ended the afternoon with two.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 - MIT 11
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 4 - MIT 6
- Saves: Wheaton 3 - MIT 2