Posted: Oct 26, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Emerson 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-7-1, 3-3-0 NEWMAC) - Emerson (2-11-2, 0-6-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass.
- Charlie Stringer registered a pair of first half goals for the Lyons, both assisted by Chris Brubaker, en route to a 3-1 conference win this afternoon in front of a Homecoming crowd at Keefe Field.
- Stringer's first goal came in the 36th minute thanks to Brubaker's dish. The pair connected once again just three minutes later, this one being placed to the top left corner of the net.
- Emerson got in on the scoring in the 57th minute as Gavin Faucette collected a through ball from Aidain Ferguson to cut the visitors' deficit in half at 2-1.
- Wheaton had the final say with an unassisted goal by Avery Santoro at 68:53.
- Diego Medina notched a pair of saves in the win, while David Kemp picked up a pair of saves for Emerson.
- Shots: Wheaton 15 - Emerson 6
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 4 - Emerson 1
- Saves: Wheaton 1 - Emerson 2