Feb 03, 2018
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lyons 200 medley relay team finished in second place behind WPI, with Jacob Cost, Jonathan Dunnett, Kevin Silva, and James Horne finished in 1:35.46.
- Cost won the 50-yard backstroke after touching in 24.28, which was a second faster than the next competitor and two seconds faster than the closest NEWMAC competitor. Cost finished the 100-yard backstroke in second place with a time of 51.53. Cost also finished with a second place finish in the 25-yard backstroke, finishing just .10 behind the top place finisher with a time of 11.54.
- Dunnett won the 25-yard breaststroke with a time of 11.94, which was .10 faster than his closest competitor from WPI. Dunnett took home a second place finish in the 100 yard IM with a time of 53.16. The time in the IM was good enough to earn the senior his ninth school record.
- Wheaton's 100-yard free relay team concluded the race with a fifth place finish. The 200 free relay team ended the day with a fourth place finish.
- The Lyons 100-yard medley relay team ended the meet with a second place finish with a time of 43.67.
- Antonio Guerrieri finished both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives in second place.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Thursday, Feb. 22 for day one of the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championships.