Oct 19, 2018
LOCATION: Waltham, Mass.
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team opened the season at NCAA Division II Bentley University Friday evening.
- The Lyons opened the meet with the 200-yard medley relay that featured Jacob Cost, Austin Halstead, Elias Steward, and Daniel Roch, who finished third (1:40.46).
- Zachary Koffman started his career with a fourth place finish in the 1000 freestyle (10:31.66), while Steward finished third in the 200 free (1:49.00). Koffman also took third place in the 200 back with a time of 2:05.91 and fourth in the 500 free (5:07.44).
- Cost took first in the 100 backstroke where he set a pool record with his time of 52.85. He then went on to take fourth place in the 50 free (22.88).
- Richard Matthews finished fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:03.53) while Halstead took fifth.
- The 100 free saw the Lyons take fifth through seventh led by Roch who finished in 51.42.
- The Lyons swept the 200 IM with Chris Steward leading the charge with the win with a time of 2:10.48. E. Steward finished in second (2:14.55) and Troy Eakman finished third (2:18.90).
- Wheaton closed out the meet with a first place finish in the 200 free relay with Roch, Matthews, Timmer Sposato, and Cost finishing in 1:30.75. The Lyons 'B' team took second with a time of 1:35.85.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the pool on Saturday, Oct. 27 for a 12 p.m. meet at Brandeis.