Oct 27, 2018
LOCATION: Brandeis University (Waltham, Mass.)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team fell on the road to the Judges of Brandeis University this evening, 128-77. The Judges won 9 of 11 events to improve to 2-1 on the season, while Wheaton drops to 0-2.
- Jacob Cost gained points for the Lyons with his 100 yard backstroke victory, coming in with a time of 52.54.
- Cost was also part of the winning 400 yard freestyle relay squad, alongside Eli Steward, Daniel Roch and Timmer Sposato, who finished the event in 3:19.83.
- Jonathan Gilberti and Brennan McIntyre placed second and third in the 50 yard freestyle event with respective times of 23.22 and 23.69.
- Roch and Eli Steward each placed second in other individual events, with Roch finishing the 100 yard freestyle in 50:13 and Steward completing the 100 yard butterfly in 55:29.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Cost, Sposato, Austin Halstead and Kevin Silva finished in second place, as they completed the relay just a hair behind Brandeis' 1:38.84 at 1:38.85.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Friday, November 2 at 6pm at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.