Posted: Nov 02, 2018
LOCATION: New London, Conn. (U.S. Coast Guard Academy)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming & diving team opened New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Friday evening with a dual against the Bears of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. The Lyons fell to the Bars 202-85.
- Wheaton started the meet with a second place finish in the 200 medley relay with the team of Jacob Cost, Austin Halstead, Richard Matthews, and Timmer Sposato finishing in 1:39.05.
- Jacob Cost earned a first place finish in the 100 backstroke touching in 52.98 before winning the 200 back (1:58.65). Trevor Ragas joined Cost in the 200 back, finishing in second place with a time of 2:15.85.
- Daniel Roch finished third in the 200 free with a time of 1:51.31, while Matthews took third in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:03.12. Roch also finished second in the 100 free after touching in 49.73, while Matthews took second in the 200 breast (2:20.62).
- Jesmond Bollman finished fourth in the 1000 freestyle with a time of 10:51.52, while Elias Steward took fourth in the 200 butterfly (2:04.81). John Giberti also finished fourth, finishing the 50 free in 22.99.
- Zachary Koffman and Sposato competed in 500 free with Koffman taking second (5:11.09) and Sposato finishing third (5:18.38).
- Kevin Silva finished third in the 100 butterfly after touching in 55.19, while E. Steward finished fourth (55.41).
- Chris Steward finished second in the 200 IM with a time of 2:09.08 with Koffman taking third and Bollman fourth.
- Wheaton wrapped up the meet with a second place finish in the 400 free relay. The team of Sposato, Roch, E. Steward, and Cost finished in 3:19.52.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at Bridgewater State for a 6 p.m. meet.