Nov 16, 2018
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming & diving program took to the pool Friday evening for a non-conference dual against Roger Williams with the Hawks earning a 174.5-109.5 win over the Lyons.
- The night started with a second place finish in the 200 medley relay with the team of Jacob Cost, Austin Halstead, Kevin Silva, and Timmer Sposato finishing in 1:37.95, just four tenths out of first.
- Zachary Koffman paced Wheaton in the 1000 freestyle with the first-year taking third place with a time of 10:41.01.
- The Lyons picked up another third place finish, this time in the 200 free with Daniel Roch touching in 1:49.30.
- Cost earned Wheaton its first win, defeating the field in the 50 backstroke with a time of 24.32. Chris Steward joined Cost in the event, finishing in third place with a time of 26.33.
- Halstead and Richard Matthews finished the 50 breaststroke back-to-back with Halstead leading the way with a time of 28.28. Matthews finished in 28.49.
- Elias Steward finished third in the 100 butterfly with a time of 54.62, earning the Lyons another three points.
- Sposato and John Giberti finished the 50 free in second and third place respectively with Sposato touching in 22.70 and Giberti in 22.97.
- First-year diver Hajmil Carr completed the 3-meter dive with a score of 141.75. Carr finished the 1-meter dive with a score of 145.80.
- The 100 free saw Roch finish in third with a time of 50.10.
- Cost picked up another win later in the night, this time winning the 100 back with a time of 52.16.
- Halstead and Matthews once again finished back-to-back, this time in the 100 breast, this time with Halstead taking second with a time of 1:02.63, which was followed by a third-place finish from Matthews (1:03.07).
- Event 24, the 500 free, saw a third-place finish from E. Steward who finished in 5:08.32.
- Silva collected a second place finish in the 50 butterfly, finishing in 24.47, which was followed by a time of 25.19 from Matthews.
- Wheaton ended the night with a second place finish in the 200 free relay with Matthews, Sposato, Giberti and Cost touching in 1:29.25.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. for a meet against Keene State and Springfield, which will be held on the Springfield campus.